What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how is it used and with whom may it be shared?
You may visit some areas of our Sites without providing your Personal Information to us. We do collect Personal Information on other areas of our Sites when you:
- Register for a European Kitchen Equipment Checkout account.
- Checkout as a guest
- Use European Kitchen Equipment parcel forwarding services
- Process your United States Postal Service Form 1583 (Application for Delivery of Mail Through Agent via SkyBOX);
- Purchase merchandise from one of our merchants
- Request customer or technical support
- Ask to have our customer service representative contact you.
We collect the following types of Personal Information through these activities:
- Name, billing address, postal address, email address, telephone number, and other contact details;
- Username and password;
- Product purchase history and interests;
- Driver’s license or non-driver’s government identification card;
- Armed forces, government, university, or recognized corporate identification card;
- Passport, alien registration card, or certification of naturalization;
- Home or vehicle registration card;
- Credit card and other payment information; or,
- Tax Identification Number
The information you provide to us is used to process an order placed by you and otherwise provide requested transactions including:
- Confirm the transactions to the merchant(s) from whom your product(s) originate.
- Respond to your questions about our product or services.
- Manage and administer our business.
- Send you marketing communications, including newsletters and emails, subject to your consent, if required by law, and you may also follow the instructions in each communication to opt-out of future communications, or update your marketing preferences by emailing [email protected] to unsubscribe.
- Comply with judicial orders, cooperate with customs or other law enforcement authorities, prevent any suspected illegal activities, or otherwise comply with applicable law; or
- Perform product development, administer our Sites, and otherwise perform other legitimate business activities.
Cookies & Information Collection
We collect information that helps us to continually improve your shopping experience at www.europeankitchenequipment.com For example, we store your customer information in your account as provided, although we do NOT store your credit card information. We use this information to communicate with you regarding your questions and orders, and to improve our website.
We also use “cookies” to help improve your personal shopping experience. Cookies do not contain any of your personal information.
If you have provided us with your e-mail address, you have agreed to receive our European Kitchen Equipment marketing emails. These emails include our best offers, and much more. You may unsubscribe from these promotional e-mails at any time.
We will never sell or share our customer list or information to third parties, except as required by law or to support your order/inquiry with our suppliers, if necessary. For some products we sell, it may be necessary for the manufacturer or wholesale distributor to contact you during the sales, installation, or warranty periods.
This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. European Kitchen Equipment is not responsible for the operation of or content located on or throughout any such site.
In an effort to provide education and resources to help our customers be successful, we sometimes link to external websites that we do not operate. We do our best to ensure those domains are safe and contain high-quality content, but we cannot guarantee a site won’t change after we evaluate it. If you have concerns about how sites we link to use your information, please visit their respective privacy policies. If you find a link that you believe to be broken or are concerned about a site we link to, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
We use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Those functions include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal or electronic mail, analyzing or hosting data on cloud-based servers, processing payments, providing customs brokerage services, or customer service/call center support. We may disclose your Personal Information to these companies and individuals performing services on our behalf.
What security procedures are in place to protect the misuse of your information?
We maintain reasonable technical, administrative, and physical controls to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We safeguard your personal information while processing your online orders. For example, the areas of our Sites that enable or require you to submit payment information online use encryption to protect such information. We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods, although you should note that no security measures are ever perfect or impenetrable.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Our Sites are not intended for minors. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from individuals under the age of 18 or knowingly track the use of our Sites by minors. European Kitchen Equipment Checkout does not accept orders from minors. All international orders processed via European Kitchen Equipment Checkout need to be placed by an individual who is eighteen years or older.
What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data?
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us a [email protected]